LonelyPlanet has a great article on reinventing the spa resort with some Latin American adventure travel.
This part of the world has some inspiring places and is steeped in ancient history.
It should come as no surprise that the top wellness spots in Latin America have ancient roots. Renowned civilizations such as the Maya and Inca have long treated sweat lodges, hot stone massages and coca leaves as sacred parts of their culture. Drawing on these time-honored therapies, countries in Latin America have ushered in a new type of travel dedicated to finding inner calm.
Luke Waterson, lonelyplanet.com
- Yäan Wellness, Tulum, Mexico
- Envision, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
- Willka T’ika, Urubamba, Peru
- Cavas Wine Lodge, Mendoza, Argentina
- The Island Experience, Ilha Grande, Brazil
Images credit: Pixabay Creative Commons