In Apple’s latest update to their iOS, you now have the option to remove some of the built-in apps that Apple pre-install.
Remove an Apple built-in app:
- Touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn’t jiggle, make sure that you’re not pressing too hard.
- Tap Remove on the app, then tap Remove.
- Press the Home button to finish.
Add back a built-in app:
- Go to the App Store and search for the app. Tap Download to restore the app.
- Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.
“When you remove a built-in app from your Home screen, you also remove any related user data and configuration files. This can affect things like related system functions or information on your Apple Watch.
The apps built into iOS are designed to be very space efficient, so all of them together use less than 150MB. Removing built-in iOS apps doesn’t free up storage space on your device.”